Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disamusement Park Visit


Last Sunday I went to the place which I had pledged as a five year old to never visit again. I believe that this evil design was on the agenda of it's-complicated-duo for some time now. Zoozoo supposedly had this childhood dream of going to this place where children are supposed to 'enjoy'. She seemingly did that after some good 15 years of her no longer being a child. Gone Abraham didn't seem to enjoy the place though. He had to be all macho shit even though he was terrified of the 'attractions'. The it's-complicated-duo got sexually-frustrated-lads on board with the lure of some girl friends of Zoozoo who would be accompanying them. In turn they got me on board and since I am working on increasing my 'expressed inclusion' scores : I agreed. The place was an age old amusement park with lots of rides with all kind of rotations possible. Way back in time, as a five years old I had puked my heart out there. My father almost disowned me there because of that!

So here we were with the planners - its-complicated-duo and they had planned nothing. Gone-Abraham's GK of local trains' shit was horrible too. As an icing on the cake, they didn't bring any of Zoozoo's friends. Of course 'sexually frustrated lads'' were grossly demotivated. Meanwhile I was happy as my girlfriend (who is no less then Lara Dutta of No Entry) would not get another reason to torment me any further. She by the way had expressed her displeasure that I once vetoed her proposal of going to this childish amusement park and now I was going with my friends. She also made me promise that I would take her there next time she's in Bombay. But that day was very much dominated by Zoozoo. She was being the mother of us toddlers. I and 'Hairy' one of the two 'sexually frustrated lads' decided to put our foot down and say no to all rides with 'circular motion'. 'Stalker' the second of the two 'sexually frustrated lads' was almost matching Zoozoo's zest for these rides, and he was visibly sad as I and Hairy deserted him in one of the circular-rides. He did not take that ride and did not talk to us till we took the next water splashing ride with him. At the end of the day Gone Abraham was totally gone. He gave up his pretentious macho self and slept under a tree. Yes under a god damn dirty tree. We and Zoozoo meanwhile went to the mazes and a haunted house. Now it was the time to turn the tables. Suddenly we were the braver ones and Zoozoo was the chicken. This gave us a good opportunity to balance the power-equation and even Gone Abraham took his revenge from her. I named her Zoozoo, but she thought it was Hairy. In retaliation she named him zoozee which actually is neither funny nor intelligent. So we will stick to calling him Hairy. While coming back from that hellhole we all reached a secluded beach instead of the place we took our boats from, in the morning. Thanks to Zoozoo. There all five of us had to adjust in a three-seater auto-rickshaw. Zoozoo's over indulgence with the auto-guy's meter almost got us kicked out of it though. I have again taken a resolution that I will never go to this place again. I hope my Lara Dutta will let me keep it!

Anyway we are going to neo-family-guy's place this Saturday for dinner. His family had called us and re-extended the invitation. We are enjoying this motherly affection. I am also reading some stuff on 'behavioral economics' these days. I am sure I'll have some good stuff to post here in coming days.

No comments: